Large Taxpayers List – Portugal June 2022
Order No. 7048/2022, of June 2nd, 2022, issued by the Portuguese Government, provides the new list of entities to be scrutinized by the Large Taxpayers Unit of the Portuguese Tax Authorities (Unidade de Grandes Contribuintes).
The Order can be downloaded here.
The selection criterion is based on the tax revenue generated and the operational complexity of such entities.
The following entities or companies are to be included in the list:
- entities under the Bank of Portugal’s supervision;
- entities under the Insurance and Pension Funds Supervisory Authority’s supervision;
- collective investment schemes under the supervision of the Portuguese Securities Market Commission;
- non-resident entities without a permanent establishment that develop an activity subject to Banco de Portugal’s supervision in Portugal;
- entities with a turnover volume above 200 million euros (other entities may also meet further requirements);
- entities with an aggregated tax liability in excess of 20 million euros;
- signatory entities to transfer pricing agreements.
The list has been in force since June 3rd, 2022.
This publication or document contains general information and is not intended to be comprehensive nor provide legal or tax advice or services. It should not be acted on or relied upon, or used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect you or your business. Professional legal advice should be requested for specific cases. We do not undertake any continuing obligation to advise on future legal amendments or the impact on the conclusions herein.
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The contents of this publication or document may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the express consent of GFDL.